Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Fellow Tri Blogger


OK, I can't hold out on you anymore. For all of you who just can’t get enough triathlon news, take a look at Fat Slow Triathlete. Written by JC Harris who is a fellow triathlete from Tampa. Essentially JC’s blog is about everything triathlons! Now that’s what I call a blog! Although, this is not your typical triathlon blog. He keeps his blog very rich, contextual and up beat. He will touch on book reviews, interesting training methods, life experiences etc. Its simply refreshing to read, not only as a fellow triathlete but as someone who just enjoys a good read.

Today I read his blog Training-Report-for-June-2013 which was written on June 26th.  JC writes at first about having something we all have, writers block! (Once again, refreshing to hear someone else struggles with this problem.) JC writes, “What to write about .... Ok .. I know ... a Training Report Update. That's the ticket ...” I couldn’t agree more JC. When in doubt, let’s look back on our training!

He then dives into a quick update on his training for his next race that is now taking place in 12 weeks (13 weeks at the time.) I found his progress so interesting because it actually supports my previous blog Science Project where we both touch on the immense difficulties in understanding how to train your own body during training. Everyone is different, so understanding your own body is essential. You can't just simply replicate Chris Mccormack's training methods(Triathlon God.)

To further support our similar points, JC's explains how he is having trouble with his running as he is currently injured, so it is very important for him to not push himself too hard. For me, I have always been comfortable on the running portion. Once again, everyone is different. The bike portion for me has always been my downfall. But I noticed, when I train for the bike portion I tend to work myself too hard and either get injured (knee) or I lose focus on my swimming training. I have yet to master my bike training but I think that I am close. The trick might be to do more long slow rides, rather than hard short rides.


Anyway, I hear you JC, It is not easy to dictate how your training will go. Although, I am convinced that practice makes perfect. I know, cliché right? But it's true! So keep up the training JC. I look forward to reading your upcoming blogs. Best of luck in Augusta!   

1 comment:

  1. Your blog makes me want to get in shape! I am going to check out the fat slow blog.

    ReplyDelete