Friday, June 28, 2013

Iron Minds


Anyone can comprehend the thought of your body controlling your mind. But can your mind control your body? An upcoming documentary, “The Iron Minds” will explore this very question and explain the various methods triathletes practice to master mental preparation while underlying test of finishing a triathlon.

The documentary is based around the three members of the Orca Brand Triathlon team Asa Lundstrom, Andrew Starycowicz, and Sebastian Kienle. They are phenomenal triathletes and are very well known in the sport. Perhaps we can say they are comparable to be the Tiger Woods of golf, or the Michael Jordan of basketball. So gear up as the three triathletes take us on a journey through their personal experiences and share their outlook on mind over body.
 I am sure you can imagine how excited I am for this to come out! Check out the sneak peek video interviews with the three athletes below!


Asa Lundstrom

“To win is to overcome others. Victory is to overcome yourself.” – Asa Lundstrom.


Andrew Starycowicz

“Iron can bend, but it cant break” - Andrew Starycowicz (Fastest 70.3 bike split in history) 

Sebastian Kienle

"Your body could do much more than you think, only if your mind has control over your body." - Sebastian Kienle

3 comments:

  1. Great post. I think it's completely true that athletes need to prepare their minds as well as their bodies for competition. As a dancer, I know how important it is to be in an appropriate mindset before stepping out on stage. Sometimes it's better not to over-think things and just trust that your body will know what to do. I'd be interested in seeing "The Iron Minds" when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Gwyneth. The mind is a powerful thing! It is important to stay present and not too inside your own head. Having confidence and positive thoughts help. I find that if I visualize myself in action I perform better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree with both ladies. It is definitely important to prepare the mind and body alike for competition. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete