Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Things to Remember on Race Day



Prior to race day it is not uncommon to experience some apprehension about forgetting something. Much like packing for a long vacation, you always feel like you're missing something. This is simply due to the fact that there is so much you need and it becomes overwhelming.  Believe it or not, I forgot my goggles on race day once. I don’t have to tell you how embarrassing that was twice. To avoid these situations I always go through a checklist the night before. My checklist goes something like this…


  •          GOGGLES
  •          Bike Shoes
  •          Running Shoes
  •          Bike socks
  •          Running socks
  •          Wet suit
  •          Swim cap
  •          Ear plugs (They are uncomfortable. I usually throw them out during the swim)
  •          Bike shorts
  •          Run shorts
  •          Bike/run jersey 
  •          Sun glasses
  •          Towel
  •          Two water bottles
  •          Bike helmet
  •         chamois butt'r
  •          Food
  •         Sun screen! (I’ve forgot this before too)

And all of this has to fit into a relatively small bag! So now that you’ve seen the list, you can understand how I could overlook something. Right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment